UPDATES, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES.
SHOWER AND CHANGE:
Per State mandate, all swimmers are required to complete a quick rinse before entering the pool.
Even though locker rooms and locker are available beginning Monday May 24th. We ask you still come ready for your swim. Bring no personal items except a water bottle, keys, swim cap, goggles, towel, and after swim change of clothes into the facility. We will be opening up more lockers but they will still be limited use. Swimmers are still welcome to bring items onto the deck and request a bin to store their belongings.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS AVAILABLE?
Use of kick-boards, pool buoys, pool noodles, and aqua belts provided by the Center will be allowed. Ask a lifeguard for desired equipment. Members will be required to disinfect equipment before and after use. Staff will complete additional disinfecting between uses.
Aquatic staff will provide additional cleaning between each swimmer use as needed. Rinse and change areas will be cleaned regularly, including use of spray disinfectant three times daily. Mid-morning and mid-afternoon and at close.
Mansfield Community Center
General Pool Rules
- All patrons must shower before entering the pools.
- All children who are not potty trained must wear appropriate swim diapers. There are NO exceptions.
- Children 5 years and under must be accompanied into the water by an adult (18 years or older) who is within arms reach.
- Children 6 – 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) into the pool area if they have passed a swim test.
- Life jackets and life vests (including swim suits with foam inserts) are permitted during general swim times and family use times ONLY and in designated areas of the pool. Any child wearing a life jacket or life vest must be accompanied into the water by an adult 18 years or older and must be within arms reach. No inflatables allowed. Other flotation devices considered at the discretion of the Aquatic Director or Manager on Duty.
- Questionable swimmers may be asked to take a swim test consisting of one comfortable 25 yard lap of front crawl to prove ability.
- Diving is permitted in the deep end of the lanes and off the diving board ONLY.
- Kickboards are allowed in both pools, only for proper use.
- Glass bottles and food are prohibited on the pool deck.
- Proper bathing attire is required. No jean shorts, T-shirts, or pants are allowed in the pool.
- Patrons are prohibited from the filter room and guard room.
- Please place litter in barrels.
- Barbells, noodles, and aqua belts are for aquatic exercise and aquatic therapy ONLY.
- Masks, fins, and snorkels are prohibited during Open Swim. Masks and snorkels are allowed for Lap Swim Times ONLY.
- The pool will be cleared in the event of lightning or thunder.
- Toys are permitted at the discretion of the Aquatic Director or Senior Guards.
- Patrons must keep Membership Badge with them on the pool deck.
- The Aquatic Director/MOD reserves the right to eject anyone preventing another patron from enjoying our facilities.
- Any other related rule that the person in charge deems necessary to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- When diving, wait until the previous diver reaches the ladder before stepping on board.
- No diving off sides of pool, only from the 12 foot end.
- All dives must be made forward straight off the edge of the board with a single bounce. No backwards dives or flips allowed.
- Non-swimmers/persons wearing lifejackets or life vests will NOT be allowed off boards or inflatable slide.
- Adults may not catch children off the end of the board or assist them on the board.