Happy February! With the vaccine rolling out and winter’s end in sight, we’re feeling hopeful & encouraged that better days are ahead! Join us this month and “Spread the Love!” Connect with us in one of our fantastic online programs, Meet the Town Manager virtually, stop by for a pick-up Luncheon or take a walk around the world! And please remember, if you or anyone you know needs any support at all, we are here for you – just give us a call!
The State of Connecticut is currently in Phase 1b of the vaccine roll out, which means anyone 75+ is eligible to receive the vaccine. Starting February 11th, anyone 65-74 may schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine. There are multiple ways to schedule your appointment:
- VAMS is the Vaccine Administration Management System – an online scheduling portal hosted by the State Department of Public Health that allows individuals with an email address and access to a computer to create an account, log-in, and search for a vaccine clinic near them. After you register with VAMS you can access many providers’ vaccine scheduling systems
- Schedule a vaccination directly through a participating health provider.
- Hartford Healthcare: Several locations across the state, including large clinics in the Hartford area. Contact: 860.827.7690
- Yale New Haven Health: Several locations across the state, including large clinics in the New Haven area Contact: 1.833.275.9644
- Stamford Health: Operating a clinic 7 days per week at Stamford Hospital
- Walgreens: 12 vaccine locations across the state
- CVS: Four locations including Colchester, Putnam, Waterford, and Windsor Locks
- Walmart: Seven locations across the state, including Hartford, New Haven, North Windham, Norwalk, Torrington, Waterbury, and West Haven
- Call the CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877.918.2224, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Due to high volume of calls, this option is only recommended for individuals who have not had success with the above options.
- If you are a veteran, contact your Veterans’ Administration Office directly to schedule your vaccination.
If you need any assistance scheduling your appointment, call Senior Outreach Coordinator Yamil Figueroa at 860-487-9875. She is available to provide guidance and technology assistance, as well as schedule transportation. If you need access to a computer or the Internet, you can also schedule an in-person appointment at the Senior Center or the Mansfield Public Library by calling their main numbers.
Check here for the most accurate, up-to-date info on vaccination rollout:
AARP tax appointments will be done using a combination of pre-filled forms, scanned documents, and tax return preparation done remotely with voice and email interaction. You will need an email, telephone, and access and familiarity with a computer to fill out forms and review your tax return when it is complete. Priority will be given to Mansfield residents and spaces are limited. You must have filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes at the Mansfield Senior Center. Please call 860-429-0262 to schedule an appointment.
We do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend any particular tax preparation services. However, here are some local resources you can use at your own discretion:
Check out our newsletter!