The Town of Mansfield offers notary services to the public in compliance with the Town’s notarization policy. The notaries in the Town Clerk’s Office are able to:
· administer an oath
· notarize acknowledgements
· notarize an affidavit
· supply the name change forms for land records only (recording of the executed form subject to current recording fees)
The fee for notarizing is $5.00 as authorized by Connecticut General Statutes.
· Two forms of identification, at least one of which also contains the photograph of the signer
· Signer MUST sign the document IN FRONT OF THE NOTARY in order to authenticate the signature
The following documents are unable and prohibited to be notarized by the Town:
· A conveyance of land or property
· Living or general wills
· Birth, death or marriage certificates - those vital records filed in our office are available as certified copies at a cost of $20.00
· Anything, from anyone, who is not appearing before us in person
We accept payment in cash or check.