• CalendarCalendar
  • Size
  • About Us
  • Boards & Committees
  • Business
  • Education
  • Visitors
  • Departments & Services

Tax Exemptions for Veterans

Veterans must present their original DD214 discharge paper to the Town Clerk prior to October 1 in order to have the veteran's exemption applied to their tax bill for the following year. This is for new filers only.

  • If you move, be sure to re-file with the Town Clerk in your new town.
  • If you have a service disability rating you may be entitled to a higher benefit exemption. Your disability ratings letter must be presented annually to the Assessor's Office (until the age of 65) in order to receive this exemption. Be sure to turn in your disability rating sheets to the Assessor's office in September to continue your benefits rating.
  • Special tax reduction programs are available for low-income, blind, or disabled veterans. You must meet the income guidelines for all income, including social security, pension, interest, etc. Applications are available in the Assessor's office.
    • Qualifying Income Limits:
      • Less than$37,300 for Married Couples
      • Less than $30,500 for Singles

For a list of qualifying service dates, please refer to Military Discharges