Patricia Schneider, Director of Human Services
Mansfeld Senior Center
303 Maple Road
Mansfield, CT 06268
The Department of Human Services offers a wide array of services to address the social and behavioral health needs of children, youth, adults, seniors, and families, as well as the community at large. These services include:
- Counseling and Therapy: Professional staff provide assistance to individuals and families through a process of brief, solution-focused counseling
- Crisis intervention, including critical incident debriefing services
- Problem assessment and referral to outside resources, including public and private agencies
- Community Mobilization: Assisting groups of citizens to identify unmet community needs and strategies for responding to those needs
- Food Pantry: The Human Services Department maintains a food pantry to help those in need. If you are able to contribute to the food pantry please click here to see a list of suggested items.
- Mansfield Prescription Discount Program
These services are delivered through the following departmental programs:
Senior Services operates daily programs and activities that are designed to meet the social, nutritional, and health needs of Mansfield’s senior citizens, including:
- Multi-Service Senior Center: Creative social, recreation, education, arts and community service programs and activities.
- Lunch is served daily. Membership in Mansfield Senior Center Association, Inc. is open to all Mansfield residents age 55 and older; there are no dues.
- The Senior Center building includes free public wireless access as well.
- Municipal Agent for Elderly Persons: Information and referrals to other services.
The Youth Service Bureau provides prevention, education, and therapeutic services to children, youth and families, including:
- Solution-focused counseling
- Youth employment
- COPE support group for children of divorce
- Parent and grandparent education and support
- Substance abuse prevention
- Homework group
- Wilderness Challenge
- Peer outreach
- School Readiness: a state funded program for child care and education for 3 - 4 year old children. Includes parent support and education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Advisory Committee on the Needs of Persons with Disabilities
Mansfield Early Care and Education
Elderly and Disabled Homeowners' Tax Relief Program
Programs that Help People in CT
United Way of Connecticut Child Development Infoline
Elderly/Disabled Veteran's Homeowner's 2014 Letter
Human Services' Office Document Center