We want to develop confident practitioners.
- Students must come prepared to each class with a pencil, textbook, binder/graph paper, workbook, and a willingness to work.
- Homework is assigned every night and checked every class. Students will lose points for late homework, but are encouraged to do it, even if it will be late! Click here for nightly assignments.
- HW hints are available online, but are not a substitute for trying on your own.
- NOTE: A parent guide is available online. This link also provides access to additional problems for practice. There is a helpful introduction as well.
The 7th grade social studies website has unit assignment pages as well as many interesting for students to explore.
Click on the unit to research interesting topics about that culture.
See below for specific assignments.
We also encourage students to be aware of current events around the world.
10/27: INDIVIDUAL TEST (Chapters 1+2)
10/20: Team test (Chapter 1+2)
Individual Test: 10/1 ( classes 4+5) or 10/2 (class 2). Review team test to decide where to focus your studying/practice.
9/23: Team Test. Start thinking about what topics in chapter 1 have confused you.
Click here for Open House (9/10) presentation
Starting our Asian River Valley Unit! Stay tuned....
Egypt (Ch 4) Guided Reading sheet due Monday, 10/6
Egypt Research Project due dates:
- sign up (alone or with partner): Monday, 10/6
- source/note check: Thursday, 10/9
- in-class work time: 10,5; 10/7; 10/16
- final project due: Monday, 10/20 (presentations Mon and Tues)
9/30 - Archaeology Day. Come with a pencil and excitement to explore!
9/26 - Finish Climate Change article and questions if you didn't finish in class.
9/19 - Unit test on Tuesday. See SS webpage for study guide and Jeopardy! game.
9/11 - Mesopotamia Guided Reading sheet due 9/16; unit test 9/23
9/5 - Finish "Time Revolves Around ME!" timeline and Qs
9/4 - class 3 only: Finish "Toward Civilization" classwork page for HW