Dear MMS Parents,
Please join us for Middle School Education Week 2013!
You are invited to join your child in school during the week of October 21-25 to get an informal look at life at Mansfield Middle School. This is an annual event for us, and many parents tell us they look forward to the visit.
Each grade has selected two days for visits to help us control parking. We welcome you to join us whether it's for just one class or for a whole day. If you have more than one child at MMS, you may wish to visit more than once. We have no ceremonies planned and want you to enjoy the time with your child in regular classes.
Grade 5 - Monday and Tuesday(October 21 & 22)
Grade 6 - Wednesday and Thursday (October 23 & 24)
Grade 7 - Monday and Tuesday (October 21 & 22)
Grade 8 - Tuesday and Wednesday (October 22 & 23)
Please help us to keep traffic flowing safely, in coordination with bus arrivals and fire regulations. You might need to park on Spring Hill Road or the tennis courts and walk up to the school.
- Parking options: the staff lot (adjacent to the music wing), the grassy areas adjacent to the front circle, the street, or the parking lot down by the tennis courts. Please enter the building through the main entrance on the front circle.
- Due to fire regulations, please do not park in the driveway that leads up to the school or along the sidewalk in front of the library media center. The bus lot (the one with the large DO NOT ENTER sign) is not available because it is used for physical education classes during the day and for buses before and after school.
Your day at the middle school:
- Please enter the building via the bus entrance. This is a change from previous years. You must sign in at the table in front of the main office in the lower lobby. Please wear a yellow visitor's badge at all times.
- Visit the Book Fair in our Library Media Center. The Book Fair will have an excellent selection of titles for middle school students. Proceeds will fund the purchase of books for our library. The Book Fair will be open on Monday - Thursday from 7:45 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. On Friday, the last call for the Book Fair will be from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m.
- Visit the Lost and Found tables in the lobby outside the office. See if you can find the sweatshirt or jacket that disappeared a few weeks ago.
- Enjoy a free cup of coffee or tea in the cafeteria. There are also bagels available there for purchase.
- Ask your child to go over the daily schedule with you the night before the visit so you will know what to expect.
- Go to your child's homeroom if you arrive before 8:05 a.m. After that, please follow your child's schedule. Copies of grade level schedules will be posted, but you will be delayed if you don't bring your child's schedule with you. We can look up individual schedules in the office if you would like some help.
- Please help the focus to remain on academics. Mute or turn off electronic devices upon entering the classroom. If you need to respond to a message, we ask that you leave the classroom to a more private location. This will help to minimize classroom distractions.
- This is an opportunity to experience your child's school day. If possible please arrange childcare for younger siblings. In the event that you must bring a young child with you, please know that if they become restless in a classroom, we encourage you to provide them with a break.
- Stay as long as you like, perhaps finding time to join your child for lunch in the cafeteria.
- Come visit us for Middle School Education Week!
October 21-25, 2013
We want you to enjoy our school in action.
Teachers in every grade are always building classroom libraries of popular new books. If you would like to make a gift toward the purchase of Book Fair books for classroom libraries, please return this form with a check made out to MMSA. Gifts will be used to purchase books for the grade that you indicate below. Thank you from the MMSA and classroom teachers.
Your Name ______________________________ for Grade(s) _______________