1/26/2015 - Storm Closings and Schedule Changes
Storm Closings and Schedule Changes
Updated at 6:15pm on 1/27/2015
- Town Hall: Opening at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Animal Shelter: Open on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Community Center: Opening at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Library: Closed on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Senior Center: Closed on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Transfer Station: Closed on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Transportation Center: Open on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. Riders should check the Peter Pan, UCONN and WRTD schedules as bus service may be limited.
- Schools: Closed on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Refuse Pick Up:
Due to the extraordinary amount of snowfall, this week's Tuesday and Wednesday trash collection service has been cancelled to allow the snow plows to adequately clear the roads on Wednesday. The trash collector will resume service on Thursday. There will be no change to the Thursday and Friday service.
Residents with collection on Tuesdays and Wednesdays have two options. Bring the trash and recyclables to the Mansfield transfer station, which will be open Thursday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and Saturday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. You will not be charged for trash. Or you may put out double the amount of trash and recyclables (even if it is outside of the cans) next week. All of it will be taken.
* * *
Closures and delayed openings of municipal facilities and the cancellation/postponement of meetings from Monday, January 26th through Wednesday, January 28th are likely. Please check with the facility or related website for updated information.
Please monitor the Town’s website and Facebook page for future updates and related information.