Are you interested in trying some distance personal training- or just want to see if it is the right fit for you? Please contact Health & Fitness Supervisor Jessica Tracy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Available for all levels of fitness!
Now Available Private Yoga and Pilates Instruction!
Rehabilitative Needs * Weight Loss * Specific Athletic Conditioning * Challenging Your Fitness Routine * Motivation * Small Group Training
The decision to hire a personal trainer is different for everyone but all our trainers have a common link... the commitment to improve your health! We have a variety of devoted and caring certified personal trainers who will assist you with reaching your personal fitness goals. Whether you have never tried personal training before or are looking to hire a new trainer, they have the potential to profoundly impact your life. Their commitment to you includes a personal fitness program tailored to meet your needs, active involvement in your training, and a wealth of knowledge to approach your fitness program with confidence.
How often do I meet with a Personal Trainer?
This varies based upon the individual needs of the client. Normally between 3-6 sessions are required for a program to be designed and learned. It is not uncommon for clients to make personal training sessions a part of their on-going fitness program.
What is the cost per session for Personal Training?
Cost varies, but you can expect to pay $55-$70 per hour. Small Group Training is also available for up to four people (arranged by participans) of similar abilities. Group Training can be an additional motivator, fun, and a great cost savings.
How do I find a Personal Trainer at MCC that best meets my needs?
Each trainer has a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience but some trainers focus on a specific area within the profession. Each trainers’ profile is detailed below. You may contact a trainer directly or ask our staff to connect you with a trainer for a consulation prior to making a commitment. This way you are in charge of making a match that best works for you
- WITS Certified Personal Trainer
- AAHF Certified Senior Fitness Specialist
- ISCA Certified Kickboxing Instructor
- 7th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor; Tai Chi Chuan Instructor
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
- Over 35 years of experience in the Martial Arts, Vice President of the KiToshiKai America;
- Trained with world renowned martial artists, many of whom have been inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame.
- Taught classes/clubs at the University of Connecticut, Eastern Connecticut State University and The Town of Mansfield.
- People of all ages and abilities, including individuals with special needs and concerns.
* * * * *
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified
- Over 12 years of experience in a variety of group fitness classes (e.g., functional strength, toning, cardio, aqua)
- People of all ages, aquatics, distance running
* * * * *
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- NASM Certified Nutrition Coach
- NASM Group Personal Training Specialist
- NASM Youth Exercise Specialist
- AFAA Group Primary Fitness Instructor
- AFAA Certified Kickboxing Instructor
- MOSSA Certified Fitness Instructor
- Turbo Kick (Gold Rank) Certified Instructor
- 1st Degree Black Belt Tae Kwon Do
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certified
Over 20 years of experience working in the fitness industry with individuals of all ages.
- Core Training
- Progressive training
- Goal specific training
- Motivational and health coaching
* * * * *
- NATA Certified Athletic Trainer
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Functional Movement Screen Certified
- Precision Nutrition Level 2 Certified, Pn2
- M.A. in Sport Management, UCONN
- B.S. in Athletic Training, Boston University
- Over 25 years of experience working with individuals of all ages and abilities
- Pre and post-natal exercise
- injury prevention and recovery
- sport-specific training