THE SKATE PARK IS NOW OPEN (WEATHER DEPENDENT) DAWN TO DUSK FOR THE 2022 SEASON.
MANSFIELD PARKS & RECREATION
SKATE PARK RULES and REGULATIONS
(As of 11/15/2020)
Hours of the Park: Seasonally, Monday-Sunday dawn-dusk. If the gate is locked during these hours please seek a manager at the Community Center. Do not attempt to climb the fence to get inside the park.
- THIS IS NOT A SUPERVISED PARK. Those using the park are expected to follow all posted rules and assume risk of any accidents or injuries.
- Properly fitted and fastened protective helmet must be worn by anyone 15 years of age or younger. (Per State of Connecticut law, Public Act 18-167). Helmets are highly encouraged for all other ages.
- Skateboarding is a “High Risk Activity”. Skate at your own risk. Wear safety equipment, including helmets, arm and knee pads, wrist guards and appropriate clothing and shoes at all times. Know your ability and skate accordingly. Use of this park may expose you to serious injury.
- The park is for in-line skates, skateboards and BMX bikes. All skaters, skateboarders, and BMX bike riders are not to use the same ramps and spaces or pieces of equipment at the same time. Only one participant may proceed down or up a ramp at a time. Do not proceed down a ramp until the landing/flat park surface area is clear of other users.
- No spectators are allowed inside the park.
- No glass bottle containers are allowed inside the park.
- No smoking inside or around the park.
- It is highly recommended that children be supervised by a parent or guardian while using the skate park.
- This park is inspected on a regular basis.
- Call 911 for emergencies.
- Inspect the surfaces before you ride them. Remove all trash, debris, and objects that may prevent a smooth safe ride. Report any damage of skate park surfaces or other concerns to the Mansfield Parks & Recreation (429-3015).
- Do not use park equipment when wet due to rain or icy due to cold weather. The park will be closed during rain or other inclement weather.
DISCLAIMER –Skate at Your Own Risk -Police Take Notice.
Skating is an inherently dangerous sport, especially for inexperienced skaters. The dangers of skating include, but are not limited to, injury and/or death arising from any causes, collision with other skaters and/or your failure to skate and/or behave in a safe and reasonable manner. Utilizing this facility constitutes your acceptance of all risks and your assumption of personal responsibility for any and all injuries to you and others arising from the use of this facility. If you are unwilling to safely use this facility, and/or assume the risks to yourself and others, including those under your supervision, do not use this facility. The Town of Mansfield does not assume responsibility for any injuries incurred in the use of this facility.