- Public Library
Get a Library CardTo sign up for a Mansfield Public Library card you need to be a resident of Mansfield/Storrs. If you are a resident of another town, you are welcome to check out our materials, but you must get a library card from your hometown. UConn students who live on campus are also eligible to sign up for a card, which can be renewed every semester they live on campus.
Library cards are free to sign up for! To get a card, please come to the library with a valid photo identification and proof of residency (such as a lease or a piece of mail). Please note that if your driver’s license has your Mansfield/Storrs address, you do not need to bring a second proof of residency.
Under 16? You are welcome to sign up for a card, but you will need a parent or guardian to come with you.
Click here to apply for a library card online. We will contact you when your library card is ready for you to pickup.
Borrow a Museum Pass
Did you know that you can borrow museum passes from the Mansfield Public Library? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Museum passes may be checked out on your library card for one week.
- Passes are available on a first come-first serve basis and may not be put on reserve except on the morning of the day they are to be picked up. Pass will be held until closing of that day.
- Please return your passes to the library on time so others may use them.
- Replacement costs for lost passes varies according to each museum’s policy.
Pay for Fines/Items
Fines or bills totaling over $25.00 will place a block on your account. At this time, the Mansfield Public Library accepts payment in the form of cash, check, or debit/credit card.
Cash or check payments can be made in person at the library. Debit/credit card payments can be made through our online catalog.
Checks can be mailed to:
Mansfield Public Library
54 Warrenville Road
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
Please make checks payable to the Town of Mansfield.
NOTE: Fines can be paid to the Mansfield Public Library regardless of whether the fines were accumulated on our items. Bills which are issued on items NOT belonging to the Mansfield Public Library must be paid to the owning library. Any library items that have been lost or irreparably damaged will be charged to the borrower at the replacement cost. Please do not attempt to repair damaged items – we have special materials and ways of dealing with things. Replacement copies are not accepted.
Payments for lost items will be refunded if the item is returned, under the following conditions:
To see the complete circulation policy, please visit our Policies page.
All materials are freely available without restriction to all library patrons.
- BOOKS, AUDIOBOOKS, MUSIC CDS, KITS, TOYS: 3 weeks.
- DVD MULTIDISK SETS and NONFICTION DVDs: 2 weeks. All other DVDs: 1 week.
- NEW BOOKS, NEW AUDIOBOOKS, MAGAZINES, ELECTRONIC DEVICES: 2 weeks.
- CAKE PANS, TOOLS, GAMES, BACKPACKS, MUSEUM PASS: 1 week.
NOTE: While we do not limit the number of books or magazines which may be borrowed, please be
considerate of other patrons. We do reserve the right to limit in periods of high demand.