August 12, 2022
Activities begin at 7:30 PM; Movie begins at dusk
2 Dog Lane
Storrs-Mansfield, CT 06268
Moonlight Movies: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Friday, August 12, 2022
Enjoy free, family movies on Betsy Paterson Square on Friday, August 5, 12, and 19, 2022. Activities begin at 7:30 PM; movies begin at dusk.
The Mansfield Downtown Partnership will launch its popular Moonlight Movies series on Friday, August 5. This free, outdoor movies series will take place on Betsy Paterson Square in Downtown Storrs on Friday, August 5; Friday, August 12; and Friday, August 19. Activities begin at 7:30 PM; the movies begin at dusk. Moonlight Movies are free and open to everyone.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
“Harry Potter's (Daniel Radcliffe) third year at Hogwarts starts off badly when he learns deranged killer Sirius Black (Gary Oldman) has escaped from Azkaban prison and is bent on murdering the teenage wizard. While Hermione's (Emma Watson) cat torments Ron's (Rupert Grint) sickly rat, causing a rift among the trio, a swarm of nasty Dementors is sent to protect the school from Black. A mysterious new teacher helps Harry learn to defend himself, but what is his secret tie to Sirius Black?” - Rotten Tomatoes
Join us on Betsy Paterson Square starting at 7:30 PM for fun activities, including:
Refreshments available for purchase at the Square will include:
PLAN YOUR VISIT:
- Betsy Paterson Square, 2 Dog Lane, Storrs, CT 06268
- Limited seating is available on the Square
- You are encouraged to bring your own blanket and/or lawn chairs.
- Bicycle racks are located on Betsy Paterson Square, at the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center (adjacent to the parking garage), and around Downtown Storrs.
- For the safety of all attendees, please do not ride your bike on the Square during the movie.
- CTtransit offers daily service to the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center (23 Royce Circle, about a 2-minute walk to Betsy Paterson Square) from Mansfield to Hartford via its 913 Express route. Visit cttransit.com for schedule information.
- WRTD’s Route 674 Storrs-Willimantic Bus runs Monday-Saturday. Visit wrtd.org for schedule information.
- Parking is available in the Downtown Storrs Parking Garage (33 Royce Circle).
- Parking in the garage is free for your first 2 hours, and then just $1/hour thereafter.
- The garage is about a 2-minute walk from Betsy Paterson Square
Please visit downtownstorrs.org/movies for more information or contact the Mansfield Downtown Partnership (860.429.2740, email@example.com)