2019-2020 Mansfield Middle School Registration Information
1st Day of School is Thursday, August 29, 2019
Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held, by appointment only on the following dates:
- Monday 8/19/19
- Tuesday 8/20/19
- Wednesday 8/21/19
- Thursday 8/22/19 (7th & 8th Grade only for 8/22/19)
Please contact Ms. Wendy Vachon, Guidance/Special Education Secretary 860-429-9341 ext. 7153 or email her at email@example.com to schedule your child’s registration appointment.
At the time of registration, the School Counselor will:
- Review your child’s school records and completed registration paperwork
- Give you an overview of the Mansfield Middle School Program
- Show pertinent on-line information, and
- Talk with the incoming student about their previous school experience, as well as future goals
Your child(ren) will receive their schedule on the 1st day of school. As part of the enrollment process the School Nurse will check the immunizations and medical paperwork to ensure all medical requirements are in order.
We welcome you to join us on Thursday, August 22, 2019 for our Open House from 9:00am-12:00pm. This is an opportunity for your child(ren) to meet some of our current students and take a tour of our building. You do not have to make an appointment for this.
To register your child(ren) please bring the below information with you at the time of the registration:
Proof of Residence - This MUST be presented at the time of your registration appointment or your child(ren) will not be able to attend Mansfield Middle School until this is completed. We can only accept the following:
- Deed to home or dated rental agreement showing parents and/or student(s) names
- Evidence of a mortgage payment or rental payment
- Notarized letter from landlord or owner acknowledging parent/guardian’s and student’s residence and proof of parents’ or students’ receipt of formal correspondence at that address
- Birth Certificate or Passport indicating your child(ren) birthdate.
- Immunizations/Physicals – Physicals, including immunizations, are required for students entering 6th grade. A physical within the previous 12 months is required for ALL students, for all grades, entering from out of the State of Connecticut. For students entering from outside the United States, the physical for all grades must have been completed within the previous 12 months by an authorized provider within the United States. Immunizations must be presented to the school nurse before entry into Mansfield Middle School. This is mandated by the State of Connecticut. If you do not have a doctor to perform the physical/immunizations, we have a list of facilities that you can go to.
- Any copies of school records (report card, etc.,) in case the child’s file is not mailed in time for registration.