We are excited that our kindergarten through grade 6 students are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We know this will help us reduce the spread of the virus. Vaccination remains the most effective mitigation strategy and we are pleased to announce that Eastern Highlands Health District is operating several clinics for children aged 5-11 in our area including a clinic at Mansfield Middle School on November 12. Please see this flyer for details: /DocumentCenter/View/12307/Covid-19-Vaccination-Clinic-for-Kids-5-11-Flyer
Along with the information attached, you should also be aware of the following:
- ONLY children aged 5-11 are eligible to receive the vaccine at these clinics.
- A parent or guardian must be present during the entire clinic process.
- Second dose appointments will be scheduled at the time of the first dose clinic. Expect the second dose appointment to be three weeks from the date of the first dose.
- All appointments must be made through the VAMS systems. Click here for the guide to registering through VAMS: /DocumentCenter/View/12308/VAMS-Account-Creation-and-Scheduling-Guide-v6). This system has been improved since last spring and allows one person to make multiple appointments allowing you to schedule multiple children at once.
- Please do not show up more than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If multiple children are scheduled at different times, the clinic will take all children at one time.
- We anticipate multiple locations to offer vaccinations for children. More information on other locations will be sent soon.
- The clinic offerings will be posted to VAMS on Sunday, November 7 at 12 noon but may not appear available immediately - keep trying. No appointments for these clinics can be made prior to November 7.
- Follow the links on the flyer for more information about the vaccine and its use with children.
- Please help us keep our records up to date by informing your school nurse when your child is vaccinated.
We look forward to supporting you in any way we can to help get all of our students vaccinated.
Superintendent, Mansfield Public Schools