Town of Mansfield
Resident State Trooper’s Office, 4 South Eagleville Road, Mansfield, CT 06268
(860) 429-6024 Telephone (860) 429-4090 Facsimile
Instruction for Temporary State Pistol Permit
To apply, you must be 21 years of age, a U.S. citizen residing in Mansfield, and a suitable person (C.G.S. Title 28, sec. 29-28). Convicted felons cannot possess firearms and cannot obtain pistol permits. Prison time, probation or a fine for a felony are considered a conviction.
- You must attend an approved Basic Pistol/Handgun Safety and Use
- Complete DPS-799-C Pistol Permit/Eligibility Certificate Application Here
- Complete CT Criminal History Request System Pre-Enrollment Here
- Once in system enter service code FA6A- EDBF
- Complete Demographic information
- Complete payment
- Print Applicant tracking number with bar code
- Fingerprinting ask for DIGITAL Fingerprints -Take printed Applicant Tracking number to the State Police Barracks, Troop C 1320 Tolland Stage Road, Tolland. CT The cost is $15.00 have a check or money order with you. Fingerprints are taken at 7:00am, 3:00pm and 11:00pm every day. Do not be late.
- Call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office Clerk 860-429-3360 to schedule an appointment (Thursday Only) to drop off your complete application packet which includes:
- Completed DPS-799-C Pistol Permit Application (must be Notarized)
- Digital Prints ONLY
- NRA Firearms Safety and Use Certificate
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Proof of Mansfield Residency
- Photo Identification (i.e. Driver’s License)
- One check or money order for $70.00 payable to “Town of Mansfield” (Town fee)
- We will contact you upon your clearance from the State Police Bureau of Identification
Note: Your temporary pistol permit will be good for sixty (60) days. It cannot be renewed.
For additional information please visit www.ct.gov/despp.
If you have any questions about this application, you may call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office at 860-429-3360
Our secretary office hours are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Closed for an ½ hour for lunch)
Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Later appointment available upon request)
Friday Office is CLOSED