After School Friends Program
REGISTRATION OPENS ON MONDAY AUGUST 7TH FOR RESIDENTS
Welcome back! We are back for the 2023-2024 school year!
Before and After Care will be available at Mansfield Elementary School. Before care starts each day at 7:00 AM and the after care program is from 3:30-6:00 PM each day. The Before and After School Friends Program offers a safe, fun and relaxed atmosphere for children at the end of the school day. The program is for children in grades K - 4 whose parents want them to join special activities in a peer setting, or are unable to care for them after school.
Our after school program will have limited group sizes based on OEC guidance.
The After School Friends Program designs activities to provide children with experiences that enhance physical, emotional and social growth. Children learn to resolve conflicts and develop social skills. The weekly schedule can include activities such as arts and crafts, sports, outside time, creative group games and special themed events.
Outdoor play happens whenever possible. The gym will be available in limited capacity. Come to the after school program prepared for the inclement weather. If it is snowing and the kids have snow gear, everyone goes outside. If the weather is below 32 degrees the kids will stay indoors. If the temperature is above 90 degrees, the kids will also not go outside. We encourage the children and staff to be involved in planning together. Snack is provided for our after school friends.
When school is closed or has an early dismissal due to inclement weather, there is no after school program.
Ways to Register
- Come into the community center, fill out a activity registration form and make payment
- Mail in a activity registration form payment with a check. Credit cards can only be accepted in person or on-line.
- Register online here.
- Drop In Registration: In order to use the drop in there is a required credit card authorization form in addition to the activity registration form. This can be completed in person at the community center or mailed in. Only registered participants can use the drop in program. Example: If your children is registered Monday, Wednesday and Friday and you need to use the drop in program on Tuesday or Thursday. This must be confirmed with the director as space is limited.
Monthly registration will be available this school year to allow families to register for multiple months in advance.
- Before School 7:00 AM-8:45 AM
- After School 3:30 PM-6:00 PM
- On scheduled half days after school starts at 12:45pm-6pm
- On early dismissal days there is no after school program
- Registered days
- $12.05 for before school
- $14.70 for after school
- You must register at the end of each month to use the next month.
- If you have changes you need to make for your childcare, there is an activity refund/request form.
- Drop In days (In order to use the drop in program a credit card authorization form must be filled out)
- $19.90 for before school
- $24.00 for after school
- Credit cards will be charged the first week of the month for the days attended the previous month.
For more information contact Mansfield Parks and Recreation by email: email@example.com or by phone 860-429-3015 ext. 0.